Photos

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hi there I am Twaddler Boy

by Twaddler Boy

MUSIC AND NIGHT LIFE


         I graduated college last March 2011. I was a working student for 3 years because I started to live by on my own when I turned 19. I have a regular job and I am with the same company for almost 3 years now. Staying up late at night is something that I love to do and I’m lucky my job requires me to work graveyard shifts. There’s less traffic and I can stay away from the scorching sun in this humid tropical country.  

         As a young adult I have a lot of dreams and I envision myself fulfilling them wen I reach my 30’s lol. The problem is I have too many lol. One of them is to be a professional singer. I have always thought that I could sing since I was probably 8 years old.  The only songs I knew back then were the National anthem and a few Christmas carols. Unfortunately it stayed that way until the end of high school. I didn’t have enough confidence to develop that talent due to criticisms I received from some of my older relatives. They said I was out of tune, though I always knew they were wrong and they were the ones out of tune lol. My singing talent was first recognized when I auditioned for a Chinese singing contest at the University I was enrolled in. I was forced to audition together with 3 of my classmates because our foreign language teacher said we will get plus points in class. Knowing that I was failing that subject, I signed up and saw that there were already more than 200 students who auditioned before us.  My classmates and I were confident that we have our additional grades knowing our names are on the list and then we sang infront of a judge. Since there were so many, we were sure that most of them were good and one of them will be chosen not us which was a good thing lol. After a week I received a text message saying that among the students who auditioned I was the one chosen to represent my college (wow). I lost the competition lol because I forgot the lyrics, but of course it was in Mandarin lol. Some of my school mates saw me and one of them was forming a band. That was the start of my band career and a life of music and challenge. I will take you to my fun life, working a regular job but still fulfilling my dream of spending everyday as fun as Sunday.

 
Me and my grandma Nanay Miling on my first Communion
College days
with my parents on my college graduation
Fire & Ice (front row from the left) Chero and Ives, (at the back from the left) Koi, Perry, Me, Swundra, D and Astra. \\

No comments: