Photos

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Visiting our relatives in Mauban Quezon

by Twaddler Boy 

2012 family Vacation 2nd stop: Visiting our relatives in Mauban Quezon

My cousins Joana and Karen spent part of their childhood in this small town in province of Quezon called Mauban. Mauban means a person with a lot of gray hair. I remember when I was a kid people used to tell me that the place was led by a datu called Gat Uban. This is where my parent and grand parents were born and they all grew up here too. I remember that I also grew up here until my family moved to Lucena City when I was 7 years old.So my cousins are visiting our relatives here.I actually have not visited the town for almost 5 years now so this is also a good opportunity for me to see everyone again.


Statue of Gat Uban

Mauban is a town by the sea. Its a small town and this in this is already half of the town.



John( Joanas's bf) ate Risa(my Aunt), Joana (cousin), Pamela (cousin), Lola Mercy, Abby (cousin), Karen (cousin), lolo Bayani (my dad's uncle)

Lola Mercy, Lolo Bayani and ate Risa prepared food for us. This is their computer shop. Ate Risa said they asked all of their customer to go since we were eating lol.

C



Pictures of Town Mayors, one of our relatives Tita Michelle works in the Municipal Hall so we were able to take a tour inside it.
  








Inside the Catholic Church in Mauban.

The Church looks better now than the last time I saw it. The windows are new, the altar looks a lot better and the wooden chairs too. 



Karen, me, John and Abby


No comments: