Photos

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Playing with colors: How to give life to your picture frames

by Twaddler Boy



Picture Frame I found at http://www.andrewsphoto.co.uk/Portraits.html. Andrews photography

Today I decided that I wanted to hang a Picture frame that will display several photos just like this picture frame. I decided that I will be playing with colors today to make it look more creative. I haven't decided on which of photos I will be using so now I'm going to try and play with photos that I've taken of my friend kuya Jason. We had our photo shoot right before 2011 ended. I have chosen one of his good shots as the primary photo. The primary photo will be printed larger than the other photos. Here is what I've chosen.


Primary Photo

There were a lot of better photos taken that day but i will be posting them on a different date. I used slightly yellowish lights in this one to make it look serious and for now ill keep the picture as it is without editing. I have also chosen a secondary photo shown below.


Secondary Photo

 The secondary photo appears bluish because I used blue lighting. I have decided that I want it to have a darker blue color and increase the shadow on his face to make it look more dramatic so I further enhanced the photo . Actually kuya Jason looks scary in this shot I hope he doesn't get mad when he sees this post lol.


BEFORE

AFTER







AND
















Now I like how almost only half of his face is seen due to the increased shadows and the blue tone appears darker now. Next, using the enhanced photo we will start playing with colors. I changed the colors and got it on different hues as shown below.


Don't you think they all look great with all vibrant colors. I wanted to use all of them but unfortunately the frame will only allow me 5 secondary photos. Now lets let arrange them to see how they would look like in the picture frame.



I wanted to play with it further and I think it would be nice if the primary photo would be black and white so it balances out the colorful secondary photos. Let's also add some more borders in each photo and here is the final look.


 I would suggest that you use different poses for the secondary pictures instead of just a single photo that I used. I used only 1 for the secondary photo to show how changing or using different colors would appear better than just using your regular photos. Now the only thing I need to do is to have my pictures taken so I can start making my own lol. I hope you try doing this too its a nice addition to you wall.

No comments: